Monday, May 17, 2010

The Best Part of Champagne Is The Cork

Today was our day in Cork and I most say it was a good time. For starters I woke up at 7:30 and went down to the restaurant and had the most amazing Irish breakfast, it was so good, it came with sausage, eggs, bacon, toast and so much more. I had a great talk with my teacher about the days before and what we all did and it was a great start to the day.
After breakfast we all got together to go on the bus and got to the radio station call RED FM. It was so cool, the place so was laid back and the people were so nice. We meet a lot of the people that worked there and it turns out that most of them didn’t even go to school for communications, which I thought was kind of funny. We meet people from all section of the radio station so we saw what every aspect was like which was very insightful if I do say so myself. We got a really short but nice tour of the station and it was small but it had everything that a regular radio station needed.
The radio station was fun but it was time to leave and head off to Blarney Castle, and I was excited that we were going. I’ve heard so many things about the Castle but when I got there it was completely different from what I thought. There were restaurants and gift shops all around the Castle grounds which I never thought was there. The Castle itself was huge which again I didn’t think that was. We first explored the torture chambers which were so small that we had to kneel down to the point where we were almost on our hands and knees walking through these tunnels. It was so small and cramp and I was just trying to think about what they did to the people that were held captive there. Now it was off to kiss the Blarney stone. The way up to the castle was probably the most exciting part because as you went up higher the stairs got smaller. So we had to go real slow up the stairs to make sure none of us would fall, because come on that wouldn’t be fun at all falling down a bunch of stone stairs. When we got to the top, I don’t know about everyone else but I had butterflies because I was just so excited that I actually was going to kiss the stone. In the blink of an eye it was over and I had kissed the stone and I felt a feeling of enlightenment run through me, it was quite nice.
The rest of the day we have off to get some food and hang out. Tomorrow we leave Cork and we’re going to the south west side of Ireland.

Going out on the town in Cork for dinner and some drinks…should be fun

Until tomorrow…Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment