Wednesday, May 19, 2010

The Ring of Kerry

Today was a very long day to say the least. It was an early start to the morning but we didn’t have to do much, besides sit on a bus for about 8 hours. Though we had to do that, we got to see something that was quiet interesting, the Ring of Kerry. For the most part it’s a long motorway around the bottom part of Ireland with a lot of great land marks and lots of opportunities to get some great pictures. The sad thing was that it was raining the whole day and me being in the relaxed and tired state that I was in didn’t really get out of the bus that much to take any pictures. The pictures I did get were few, such as the statue of King Puck, and Billy goat that a town had worshipped for the most part. One of the other few pictures that I got was from a bog that was a small town and the people there recreated what life was like living in the bog itself. The last picture I got was from a café that we stopped to eat at and it was of the mountains that had heavy fog going over them, it’s actually a really cool picture.
So after sitting on the bus for such a long time we finally made it to our hotel in Killarney where we got to unpack most of our stuff and relax for about an hour or so. Being bored me and Zach walked around because we had heard that there was a pool in our hotel so we went looking for it. Turns out there isn’t one in our but the other hotel down the street. So being the adventurous guys we are, we went to the other hotel to look for it. We found it but it was just so upsetting that we couldn’t actually swim in it because it wasn’t our hotel. Oh well maybe next time we’ll get a pool in our hotel.
After exploring for a bit it was time to go off to dinner, and tonight I was the one filming it for everyone. We went to the famous Danny Man Pub and it looked like a regular pub but somewhat nicer in some ways. We were there to get some dinner and see a Irish band play. Dinner was so good, for starters I got the bacon salad which I ate up fast, then for my entrée I got the lamb stew which was pretty good as well. For dessert though, I got this bailey’s cheesecake that was out of this world, it was pretty magical to tell you the truth.
Dinner was over and it was time for the band to come on and play their Irish tunes. This was the part of dinner that I was really excited to film because I could have fun with filming. I got a lot of good angles and a lot of good songs. They even came with a little girl that was Irish step dancing which of course I got on film. The band really knew there stuff and got the crowd involved in most of the songs which I got film as well. The band went on for about an hour and half and the crowd was interested the whole time and just having a real good time.

All in all it was a good day and tomorrow will be our free day, so im going to relax and explore Killarney.

Until tomorrow……Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment