Tuesday, May 11, 2010

PR and Advertising and Drinks...Oh MY!

So today was a fairly easy day. We didn’t really do that much which was nice for once. The first thing we did today was go to a hotel where we meet up with a man that was an executive at a PR place located in Dublin. He was a really guy and for the most part I learned a lot about PR that I really didn’t know about. I was thinking about asking a question however for about 30 min and then I finally got the guts to ask it. To tell you the truth I think it was a really good question. It was funny because after we got out of the lecture one of the teachers came up to me and told me that it was a really good question. So, not going to lie, that was a big self-esteem boost for me.
The next place that we stopped by was an advertising firm that was really good. You couldn’t tell by the way that the place looked that the employees were really laid back about everything yet they still got a lot of work done. After standing in the lobby for about 15 min, someone came to us and brought us downstairs into the bowels of the company to talk about what they really do at this place. She first talked about what the company was like and what they didn’t there. She then showed us a power point about all the major work they had done and a lot of it was really informative and extremely creative. She also brought down one of the ladies she worked with to talked to us about the digital part of advertising which was really cool because most of the company struggle with things like that and it seemed that she really knew what she was doing.
The rest of the day was really nice because it was all free time to do whatever you wanted. I went out to lunch with a friend and got an amazing tuna melt accompanied by some Irish beer. Not going to lie it was probably the best tuna melt that ive ever had. After that it was nap time because I hadn’t got that much sleep from the night before.
After I awake I had to get ready to go out to dinner, silly thing was we didn’t know where we were going. So a bunch of us just worked around Dublin trying to figure out a place to eat. We finally come up on the really nice Italian restaurant and decide to eat there. There had really great food. I got pizza with ham and mushrooms on it and it was out of this world. After dinner we out for some drinks at O’Shea’s pub, which is a really fun pub. There was a two man band that was playing traditional Irish music which was really cool. We danced, we drank, and we had a good time. Overall today was a good day I im pretty sure tomorrow will be interesting at well.

If you’d liked to know what im talking about tune in tomorrow to find out more……

1 comment:

  1. I think it's great that you ate Italian in Ireland.... and O'Shea is my Aunt's married name so that's really cool you went to a pub named that. Sounds like you are having a blast! Can't wait to see your pictures.

    ReplyDelete