Sunday, May 9, 2010

Day One

So today was our first day in Ireland and let me tell you something, it was something that I never thought I would experience ever in my life time. Coming into the city was something all in its own because it was just so different from what I have seen in American cities.

I was really hoping that we would get some down time when we got into the city but I was wrong. The first thing we did was walk around the main street in downtown Dublin where there’s shops, food, street venders and lots of street performers. I must say that first thing that I wanted to do was to drink a Guinness in Ireland and that all came true. I was more then happy that I finally got to do this because this has been one of my life long goals and now it has come true.

That’s not the only thing we did today. We went to the Trinity College to see the Book of Kells. It was breath taking to see something that old and talked about up close in person. We also took a tour in Dublin Castle, which is more of a mansion because it’s so big. I learned about the history of Ireland that I didn’t know which a nice thing as always.

Tonight we went out the dinner in the oldest pub in Ireland, which is not something most people could say so im pretty excited about that. They had great food and it was a really nice atmosphere as well. Overall the first day in Ireland was great and if the rest of them go like today, im going to have an amazing time.

1 comment: