Thursday, May 20, 2010

Last Full Day...It's A Sad Day

To tell you the truth im really upset right now. Not because there was something bad that happened to me or someone I know, but the fact that we’re leaving Ireland tomorrow. I just don’t want to leave, and I know it’ll be hard to. If I could I would just set up shop here and never go back to the states. I will like I truly belong here, like Ireland was waiting for me to come home. Well im just rambling on about this I should get to what I did today.
Woke up early to get yet another amazing full Irish breakfast for the last time and it was the best so far. Packed up all my things, loaded everything on the bus and left Killarney. The first stop was Adere, which was about an hour and a half away, so naturally I got some much needed sleep on the ride there. it was a quick stop there but we had about a half and hour to look at all the shops, get something to eat and go to the bathroom. Not knowing it at the time, Caiti got locked on the bus because she had fallen back asleep right when we got there and she couldn’t get out. Finally when I went back outside a man from another bus had a key to let her out and everything was ok again. We had a few good laughs about how she looked like a trapped puppy in a car and it was all in good fun.
Our quick stop was over and now it was time for us to go to the Cliffs of Moher, and I was extremely excited because I had heard so much about it. On the way there all I could see was rolling green hills and a beautiful sky, and when we got to the cliffs it was so much more. We walked up to the edge where we could see everything, it was beyond beautiful. We walked up the one side of the cliff where at the end was a little look at castle where you could go to the top and see more. There was a fee so we didn’t go up, but we walked around and got some great pictures. We then decided to walk around the other side of the cliffs, and it was even better then the side we just went up. The path wasn’t that long, but there was kind of a forbidden path that everyone else was going on so we didn’t want to be not cool so we followed the path. This is where we got the best shots because you could see so much more of the cliffs and you could even look over and take a picture of the rocks below.
The cliffs where all well and good but we had to leave, check into the hotel and go to our last dinner in Ireland. This was a special dinner because it was at a medieval castle which was so cool. There was pretty much three sections to this event. The first was upstairs where right when you walked in you got a cup of mead which his like wine and watched a violinist and a harp player play some music for everything. Then after that we went to the second floor where we had an amazing dinner which consisted up potato soup, spare ribs, chicken with veggies and the dessert for lovers. Everything was just so good I ate it all up. After that was the last part downstairs where we got coffee and watched a man play bagpipes and it was kind of peaceful.
That was pretty much it for the night, we’re going to wake up mad early tomorrow to get to Dublin airport so we can leave. Still kind of upset but ill get over it.


Be home tomorrow…so until we all meet again….Cheers to all

No comments:

Post a Comment